How to master a multi-market multi-lingual PR hit
Eight Roads Ventures maximized the impact of its $375 million fund close announcement by scoring national and tech press in 8 markets across Europe
In early 2018, we had the great opportunity to help coordinate a multi-market, multi-lingual announcement for, Eight Roads Ventures, the proprietary investment arm of Fidelity International Limited. When Eight Roads Ventures approached ThirdEyeMedia at the beginning of the year the firm needed media support in 8 European markets including France, Germany and Spain, to make two major announcements:
- The launch of a $375 million growth fund for European scale-ups to provide funding for fast-growing tech companies across enterprise, consumer, fintech and healthcare IT sectors. The London-based team would work to fill the funds and resource gap for later stage technology companies in Europe.
- The results of extensive research commissioned by Eight Roads and conducted with over 300 European entrepreneurs running scale-ups. The aim of the research was to better understand the common ambition of Europe’s tech founders, their attributes and influences, and their approach to tackling shared scale-up challenges. Research was conducted with founders of established fintech, enterprise tech and consumer tech businesses with a minimum of $1m in revenue. It included interviews with the entrepreneurs behind BlaBlaCar, iZettle, Made.com, Mr & Mrs Smith, Shazam, Treatwell and Zoopla.
The first phase of the strategy was the core funding announcement – the launch of a new $375million fund dedicated to European growth stage start-ups. ThirdEyeMedia positioned Eight Roads not just as a VC focused on growth funding, but also as an expert in business building, with first-hand experience in scaling companies from 50 to 500 employees.
In a second phase, ThirdEyeMedia worked with Eight Roads, leveraging the firm’s research to consolidate its position as an expert in later stage funding with deep knowledge of the European tech ecosystem.
The Media Impact
- Close to 100 pieces of coverage in national general and business press, technology and finance press across 8 markets and languages (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal)
- Features in over 90 publications across national dailies and premier tech publications in all markets (Les Echoes, Sapo, StartUp Italia, Expansion, Business Insider NL, Wirtschaftswoche, Computer World)
- Successful creation of a durable, high quality media footprint establishing a European presence for the firm
- Effective branding of Eight Roads Ventures as a first mover in Europe’s scale up ecosystem and pioneer in growth stage business development